I turned the compost bin on Saturday. I picked the container up off the heap and moved it to the right, then took the pitchfork and pushed the heap over. The bottom of the heap was very warm to the touch and just full of bugs and crawlies doing a conga line through the dead stuff. So everything is going according to plan.
The bottom (right side of the picture) was a lot more moist, it had more greens and fewer browns in it than I think it should have, and it was a little stinky. The top half (left side) was just the opposite, so what I did was take a pitchfork full of one side, then the other, until the bin was filled up again. I watered it down a bit, added a bit more hay on top, and set the lid on to once more bake for another week. We’ll see what’s happening next week.