Thursday, May 6, 2010

Garden Update

All the purchased tomatoes arrived today. Add those to the tomatoes I brought home from Barbara's and the tomatoes I started from seed and it is Tomato Central Station here.....and the night temps this weekend are supposed to drop to nearly 40* this weekend. So, the INSIDE of the house is going to be a jungle.

But I know it won't last, next week it'll probably be just fine and I can start planting them outside!

There really isn't much else to report. We haven't had time to work on the garage, the asparagus is done for the year, the cabbages have mostly bolted. Potatoes are doing their thing, as are the peas, leeks, etc etc.

Carrots really haven't sprouted and I'm not sure why. I'm going to keep a better eye on their water situation and go from there. Radishes, beets, and lettuce has all sprouted there fine, though. Hm.

I have started in cups the squash, okra, more lettuce, and a few flowers. I will be repotting the fig this weekend, too. I repotted the Korean Red Pine (pine nut tree) yesterday and I'm pleased to report it has new growth on it. Repotted the bay laurel and it has new growth, too.

Flower bed is coming along. I'll hopefully be posting pics soon.

1 comment:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

This crazy weather is not making me very happy.
Sorry your carrots didn't come up yet. Mine came up but not all. I know I planted more than what germinated.
I'm a little dissapointed with my radishes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I planted them on 4/1 so they should be ready by now but they are just not forming, only have leaves. A few that formed are tiny.