A few things I've read lately on other blogs that I like:
- A funny story about having a homestead with no running water (thanks for the laugh, Mamma Pea!)
- A great blog post about growing your own food...I feel this, I've been asked a bunch this year why we're growing so much food and if we actually think we're going to eat all this!
- The US isn't the only country losing its farming herritige. France is also having problems. Have a look at this great blog post about local farms and CSAs in France, which garnered this wonderful line: "...[food] that's so good I want to marry the person who made it and dedicate my life to somehow returning the favor." I've had food like that, haven't you?
- Just a reminder that I'm doing a book giveaway here, and I have a list of seeds I would LOVE to send you here.
- A post from the daughter of a coworker who is with the Peace Corps in the Ukraine right now. She is in the 'immersion' part of the program right now, staying with a family that speaks no English. She is very proud of herself: She cooked tea!