Saturday, May 28, 2011

Away for a Bit

I was hoping to get some more pictures up this past week, but I've been busy getting ready for a bit of a vacating trip, which I will go into later.

The chickens are well, growing like mad. Starting to fight a bit and get some personalities. So far, the lineup is:
  • Larry, the white rooster. He is probably not going to stick around. He's pretty aggressive.
  • Eagle, the black-and-white rooster. I have a soft spot for him, he's sweet. Besides, he keeps escaping. I'm going to call him Eagle of Alcatraz.
  • Peaches, a little white one with peach feathers on his chest. I say 'his' because I think it's a he. We'll see. I know, "Peaches" sounds funny for a guy, but...
  • "Honey," whose name I might change because I wanted a chicken called Camilla. I don't think Honey is an Easter Egger because she doesn't have fluffy cheeks or slate green legs.
  • "Cukoo," who also is in the running to be called "Camilla." She'll probably win the new moniker.
  • The three red hens (?) that I can't tell apart yet I'm calling Crystal, Ronette, and Chiffon. These were the names of the backup singers in Little Shop of Horrors, and they were named after the girl groups from the 50's. One of these might be a rooster, we'll see. If so, I'll adjust the names.
And there you have it. Tell me, do you name your chickens??

3 comments:

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

"Chiffon" love it!

Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Oh oh.... wait for it...

"Rise of the Planet of the Chickens".

Angie said...

Natalie at Knatolee's World names her chickens, sometimes with musician or actor names. Lord Gaga, Errol Flynn, Penelope Pigeonator, Georgiana (Dutchess of Debonshire), and so forth.